Bring cauliflower to life when you toss it into this loaded cauliflower bake. Bursting with flavor, this cauliflower is a quick toss and go recipe. Great for any time of the week and will work great as a dinner or side.
This mashed loaded cauliflower bake is super easy and extremely addicting. It’s pretty easy to eat a lot in one sitting, so beware.
How to Make Mashed Cauliflower Bake
- Prep – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and butter a 9×9 oven-safe dish.
- Make the cauliflower mixture – In a large bowl, combine the riced cauliflower, butter, chives, sour cream, and garlic. Mix well then add the garlic salt and seasoned pepper. Mix again. Add half the cheese and mix again.
- Bake – Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Top with the rest of the cheese and the bacon crumbles. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Garnish and serve – Garnish with minced parsley if desired, serve, and enjoy!
Top Tips and Recipe Variations
- Storage – Cover and place in the fridge for up to 4 days. I do not suggest freezing this recipe as it doesn’t come back out very tasty. The texture is often thrown off by the freezing process.
- Reheating – Reheat, covered, in the microwave, or place in the oven for a few minutes until heated through.
- Make it spicy – This recipe already calls for red pepper flakes, which will add some spice. However, if you want it spicier, add in some diced pickled jalapeno before baking.
- Keep it mild – If you don’t like any spicy at all, just don’t add in the red pepper flakes. There’s no need to replace them with any other ingredients.
- Make it vegan – In order to make this cauliflower casserole vegan, you’ll need to mix the bacon and use vegan-friendly cheese and sour cream. These ingredients should be fairly easy to find as far as vegan-friendly goes.
- Make your own riced cauliflower – I don’t have a recipe to give you to do this, but it’s pretty easy to make your own. If you can’t find any at the store, it’s definitely not a pain to whip up your own from a head of cauliflower.
- Add more cheese – If you love cheese, feel free to experiment with more cheese varieties. Cheeses like gouda would taste amazing with this recipe.
- Make it keto – If you want to eat this recipe while following a keto lifestyle, don’t change a thing. This recipe is already keto-friendly.
What are the Benefits of Eating Cauliflower?
Cauliflower has a lot of health benefits and is a stellar option when eating healthy. It’s naturally rich in B-vitamins and fiber. In other words, don’t ever shy away from cauliflower, it has quite a few wonderful benefits for health in general.
If you gave this loaded cauliflower bake a try, I would love to hear about any changes you made (if any at all) and how you liked it, in the comments below!
More Recipe Ideas…
Loaded Cauliflower Bake
- 20 ounces riced cauliflower frozen
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp chives
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the riced cauliflower, butter, garlic, sour cream, chives, and stir well to blend. Add the garlic salt, pepper, salt, and stir well.
- Add half the shredded cheese, and mix well. Pour into a 9 X 9 inch casserole dish - butter the bottom of the dish before adding the mixture.
- Add the remainder of the shredded cheese, and top with crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with minced parsley and enjoy!
Leave a Reply