Make a classic and easy dish even easier when you make this instant pot spaghetti and meatballs. No need to make the juicy meatballs separately, or even the noodles. Prep, then toss it all in the pot and have dinner ready in a snap of the fingers.
The main thing that gets me giddy about my Instant Pot is the fact that I can skip so many steps. I can still have the same amazing dinners I always have, but I don’t have to spend as much time in the kitchen. This includes clean up time and cooking time. Now, spaghetti and meatballs isn’t one of those difficult dinners. However, it still can be time-consuming with all the steps it takes to complete the meal. That’s why I decided to switch and start making Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs.
How to Make Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Prep – Soak the Italian bread in water for three minutes, then break into small pieces. In a large bowl, beat the egg before adding in the bread pieces, bread crumbs, onion, parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons water, oil, parsley, garlic, red pepper, black pepper, and Italian seasoning. Stir well.
- Make the meatballs – Add the pork and beef to the bread mixture in the bowl and combine well. Shape the meat mixture into golf ball-sized balls.
- Cook the meatballs – Add some oil to your IP and saute the meatballs until browned on each side. Remove and wipe grease from the pot.
- Add everything to the instant pot – Place half of the sauce in the IP before laying the meatballs on top of it. Break the noodles in half and drop them in as well. Pour the rest of the sauce on top of the noodles. Fill the sauce jar half full with water, give a shake, and dump it inside the pot as well.
- Cook – Seal the pot, cook on high pressure for 7 minutes, then do a manual fast release. Gently stir and serve!
Top Tips and Recipe Variations
- Storage – Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days. I would not suggest freezing the noodles, but the meatballs can be placed in the freezer in an airtight container, for up to 2 months.
- Reheating – Reheat in the microwave, covered with a damp paper towel as not to dry out the meatballs or noodles. For reheating the frozen meatballs, let them come to room temperature before microwaving them. You’ll dry them out if you try to reheat them forcibly.
- Make it spicy – Add a little zing to your Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs by adding in some red pepper flakes when you add in the other spices. You can even add in some diced pickled jalapenos if desired.
- Can I use other pasta? – You can if you like, but it might not cook up the same. Choosing a longer and similar pasta to spaghetti would be the best. However, if you want to use short pasta like macaroni, you’ll have to test the timing to make sure it cooks all the way through. Spaghetti is pretty thin and cooks much faster than most pasta.
- Make it gluten-free – You’ll need to use gluten-free bread crumbs, bread, and spaghetti noodles for this to be gluten-free. However, all three of these items are usually found pretty easily in most stores these days.
Whip up a batch of this Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs, then let me know in the comments below, how you liked it!
More Recipe Ideas…
Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Instant Pot
- 2 slices Italian bread
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese fresh
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp red crushed pepper
- 1 lb ground beef 80%
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 32 ounces marinara sauce
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- Soak the Italian bread in the ¼ cup of water for 3 minutes. After soaking, break the bread into small pieces.
- Beat the egg in a large bowl. Add in the bread crumbs, soaked Italian bread pieces, chopped onion, parmesan cheese, 2 tbsp. water, olive oil, parsley, garlic, black pepper, red pepper, and Italian seasoning. Stir well.
- Mix in the ground beef and ground pork. You can use your electric mixer for this or a hand potato masher also works well.
- Shape meat into balls. I made mine about the size of a golf ball.
- Add 2 tbsp. olive oil to your instant pot. Set to saute and brown the meatballs on each side. Remove from pot and wipe grease out of the bottom of the pot.
- Pour ½ jar of spaghetti sauce into the pot. Lay meatballs on top of sauce.
- Break the spaghetti noodles in half. Lay them on top of the meatballs in different directions. This helps to prevent sticking.
- Pour remaining ½ jar of sauce over top of noodles.
- Fill the sauce jar half full of water. Shake to mix in any sauce that is left in jar. Add this water to the top of noodles.
- Seal Instant Pot according to pot directions.
- Cook at high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Do a manual fast release. Remove lid, stir carefully to avoid breaking up meatballs and ready to serve.