Two classic desserts come together in this seasonal gingerbread cheesecake cookie cups recipe. Warmly spiced gingerbread cookies and creamy cheesecake filling are the perfect combination for a bite-sized treat.
Gingerbread cookies are a must when the seasons change. That sweet, molasses cookie fills your mouth with winter spices and warm cozy flavor. Add to that a delicious, and very simple, cheesecake filling and it’s creamy, crunchy perfection with each bite. From start to finish, making cheesecake filled gingerbread cups takes about 30 minutes. Once made, they keep best in the fridge, making them ideal to prep ahead for holiday parties. Or, just to have on hand for sweet snacking at a moment’s notice.
How to Make
Mix the wet gingerbread cookie ingredients – starting with creaming butter and sugar, then egg and molasses until well combined.
Measure the dry ingredients into a separate bowl before adding to the wet ingredients and mixing to form gingerbread dough.
Portion 2 tablespoons of cookie dough into a greased mini muffin tin and bake in a 350°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
Form the cookie ‘cup’ shape by pressing a teaspoon into the middle of each baked cookie. Let cool completely.
Make your cheesecake filling by beating all the ingredients together until smooth.
Assemble your cheesecake cups by piping your filling into cool cookie cups.
Top Tips For The Best Gingerbread Cheesecake Cookie Cups
Make your cookie cups larger with a regular muffin tin. Increase your overall bake time to compensate for the size.
Top with whipped cream, a dusting of cinnamon, or a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Bake your gingerbread cookie cups in advance and store at room temperature in an airtight container for a few days.
Once assembled your cheesecake cups stay best in the fridge, up to 5 days in an airtight container. Alternatively, freeze them for up to 1 month.
More Delicious Desserts You’ll Love
- Instant Pot Raspberry Lemonade Cheesecake
- Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Mounds Cheesecake
Gingerbread Cheesecake Cookie Cups
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat mini cupcake pan with cooking spray. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the molasses and egg, beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients, then to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined. Make balls of about 2 tbsp of cookie dough and place into each muffin cup. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and using the back of a small teaspoon measuring spoon press in the cups of the cookie to form the bowl. Allow cookies to finish cooling. While cookies are cooling, make the cheesecake filling. Mix the cream cheese, brown sugar, powdered sugar, ginger, and cinnamon together until smooth.
- Pipe the cheesecake filling into cookie cups. These are best stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.