Switch up your traditional cheesecake recipe with this instant pot eggnog cheesecake. Rich and creamy, it’s the perfect recipe to serve at any holiday party or get together. A decadent and spicy gingersnap crust pairs well with the cool and thick eggnog flavored filling.
I’m thrilled that it’s time to start preparing for the baking of the holiday season. Baking and cooking are a basic activity that picks up for most households around this time of year. So, whatever you end up making this year, whether it’s traditional or a new recipe, give this Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake a spot on your list. Your friends and family will be thrilled you did.
How to Make
- Prep – cover the bottom of your pan in parchment paper and spray it with nonstick spray.
- Make the crust – Thoroughly mix together the gingersnaps, sugar, and butter. Press into the bottom of the pan and up the sides. Freeze until needed.
- Make the filling – Combine the cream cheese, sugar, heavy cream, and flour until fluffy. Add the rest of the filling ingredients and mix well. Pour mixture into pan, over prepared crust.
- Bake – Place the pan on the trivet and cover in tin foil. Lower into the instant pot with the water added to the bottom and cook for 35 minutes and naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Chill and top – Let cool completely before melting the caramels in the microwave and drizzling them over the top of the cheesecake before serving. Enjoy!
- Fridge – Store in a sealed container for up to 4 days.
- Freezer – Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Reheating – Do not reheat this instant pot cheesecake recipe. It’s meant to be served chilled. Therefore, if pulling from the freezer, simply let it sit to warm up on its own.
Tips for the Perfect Eggnog Cheesecake
- Make a traditional crust – Instead of using gingersnaps, you can swap them out for regular graham crackers. This will allow you to make a traditional cheesecake crust if desired.
- Opt for a different topping – If you want to skip the topping altogether, that’s perfectly fine. However, you can always swap out the caramel for a chocolate drizzle, chopped nuts, icing drizzle, etc.
- Add-in ideas – If preferred, you can always add in some nuts or chunks of white chocolate. Of course, if you have other ideas, feel free to try those as well!
- Make this gluten-free – If you want to make this a gluten-free cheesecake recipe, simply use the store-bought ginger snaps and a gluten-free all-purpose flour mix.
- Use eggnog in place of the heavy cream – If you want more of an eggnog flavor, you can replace the vanilla extract with eggnog extract or replace the heavy cream with actual eggnog.
Is Cheesecake Better in the Oven or Instant Pot?
That’s a tough question because they really don’t taste any different. Making the cheesecake in the instant pot is a bit quicker. However, it tastes pretty similar whether you make it in the oven or instant pot. So, it’s honestly up to you. You’ll have to try both and see for yourself what you think.
How do I Know When my Cheesecake is Done?
Usually, the middle will still be a little jiggly while the outer edges will be firm. This is how you know your cheesecake is finished. If the entire dessert still jiggles, it may need to cook a bit longer. You can always check the middle of the cheesecake with a thermometer. If it has reached 140-150 degrees, you should be good to go ahead and pull it out. The cooling process will firm it up the rest of the way, so don’t worry.
More Instant Pot Recipes…
- Instant Pot Apple Dumplings
- Instant Pot Raspberry Lemonade Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake
- Instant Pot
- 1 cup ginger snaps crushed
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 15 pieces caramel candies
- 1 tsp water
- Cut a piece of parchment paper the size of the bottom of your pan. Place in the bottom of the pan and spray paper and sides with a non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl combine finely chopped gingersnaps, sugar, and butter. Press into the bottom and up sides about 1-inch of a 9-inch springform pan. Place in the freezer while preparing the filling.
- In a mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar, heavy cream, and flour. Mix on medium speed until combined and fluffy. Add eggs, eggnog, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix on low until thoroughly combined. Pour filling into crust.
- Add 1 cup water to the bottom of Instant Pot. Cover cheesecake with foil, sealing edges. Place pan on the trivet that comes with the Instant Pot and lower it into the pot. Seal lid and set timer for 35 minutes on high pressure. Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then finish by manually releasing. Remove foil and allow cheesecake to cool completely.
- Place caramels in a microwave-safe dish, add the water, and microwave in 20-second intervals until melted. Stir well. If too hot, allow to cool a bit and then drizzle over top of the cooled cheesecake.