These instant pot apple dumplings are made with a crescent roll and a delicious apple filling and sauce. Served with vanilla ice cream and extra sauce on top. Tastes just like apple pie, if not better!
This is hands down my all-time favorite instant pot dessert recipe. Super easy to make and it is so good everyone will think that you made the dough from scratch and baked it in the oven.
How To Make Instant Pot Apple Dumplings
Start by peeling and removing the core from the apples and then slice them into wedges. Remove the crescent roll from the can, roll it out, and separate each roll. Place a wedge of apple into a crescent roll and roll it up. Repeat this step with all of the rolls. Press the “saute” function on the instant pot and add the butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, apple juice, and nutmeg. Stir until it melts and then place the rolls on top of the sauce. Close and secure the lid and valve. Press the “pressure cook” function and cook for 10 minutes. Once the dumplings are done cooking, choose a natural release. Once finished, let the dumplings rest for 2-3 minutes before serving. Serve with the sauce at the bottom of the instant pot and some vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Can You Freeze This?
Yes, let the apple dumplings cool and set completely and then place it in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Let it thaw at room temperature before reheating.
Can I Use Apple Cider Vinegar Instead Of Apple Juice?
Absolutely, just replace the exact amount of apple juice and replace it with apple cider vinegar.
These apple dumplings were super fun and easy to make, definitely share this recipe with your friends and family!
More Dessert Recipe Ideas…
Instant Pot Apple Dumplings
- Instant Pot
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 1 apple peeled and cored
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg ground
- 1 cup apple juice
- Peel and core the apple. Slice into 8 wedges.
- Remove the crescent rolls from the can and roll the dough out flat. Seperate each “roll”.
- Place a wedge of apple into a crescent roll, starting at the larger end and roll the apple slice up into the dough. Repeat with the remaining wedges and set aside.
- Turn the Instant Pot on and select “Saute” to warm the bottom of the pot. Then turn the pot off.
- Place the butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and let it melt. Pour the apple juice, nutmeg , and stir until melted. Place the apple dumplings on top of the butter mixture.
- Close and secure the Instant Pot lid and valve.
- Manually cook the dumplings at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- After the dumplings finish cooking, choose a natural release.
- Once finished, allow the dumplings to cool down for 3-5 minutes. Serve the apple dumplings warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and the buttery cinnamon sauce from the bottom of the pot drizzled on top.