Saucy, cheesy instant pot meatball sliders are a satisfying, delicious meal you can make in less than 10 minutes. Enjoy a low stress, savory slider whenever the craving hits with this easy recipe.
Meatball subs are a well-loved classic sandwich. They’re meaty, tender, and slathered in hot marinara and gooey mozzarella cheese. With this recipe, it takes just minutes to have mini marinara meatballs ready for slider buns. Top with cheese and brush each sandwich with parmesan garlic butter for the perfect finishing touch on a comfort food classic.
How to Make
- Cook the mini meatballs in your instant pot on normal-high pressure with the water and marinara for 4 minutes.
- Add mozzarella to the meatballs after the pot has depressurized, and stir to melt the cheese.
- Make the garlic butter by combining parmesan, melted butter, garlic powder, and parsley in a bowl.
- Assemble your sliders with one or two mini meatballs on the bottom of each bun. Add more cheese if desired, close the sandwich and brush garlic butter on top. Serve immediately.
Tips For The Ultimate Instant Pot Meatball Sliders
- Before you cook your meatballs, make sure the instant pot valve is in sealing position.
- Only open your instant pot after you’ve switched the valve to the venting position and allowed it to depressurize.
- Cook your meatballs up to an hour in advance and use the warming feature on the instant pot to keep them hot.
- Use your slider bun of choice, but I recommend Sweet Hawaiian Rolls.
Storing assembled sandwiches isn’t recommended, the buns will get soggy after an hour. If storing leftover meatballs separately, keep them in an airtight container in the fridge.
You can make your Instant Pot Meatball sliders up to 1 hour ahead by first toasting the buns in a 400°F oven for 5 to 7 minutes to prevent sogginess.
More Delicious Instant Pot Recipes…
Instant Pot Meatball Sliders
- Instant Pot
- 1 bag frozen mini meatballs about 16 mini meatballs
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 12 slider rolls
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- Add the meatballs, marinara, and water to the Instant Pot. Heat the Instant Pot using the Pressure Cook-Normal-High Pressure for 4 minutes. Make sure the valve is in the “sealing” position.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking, manually release the pressure by switching the valve to the “venting” position. When the Instant Pot has depressurized, remove the lid and add the shredded mozzarella. Stir to combine.
- Place 1-2 meatballs (depending on the size) of each slider bun. Top with additional mozzarella, if desired. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, parmesan, garlic powder, and fresh chopped parsley. Brush the butter mix over the top of each bun. Serve immediately.
- If you’re making these sliders ahead of time, I recommend toasting the buns in a 400F oven for 5-7 minutes so they don’t become soggy. If you plan on serving the sliders immediately, you can skip this step.
- The meatballs can be kept warm for up to 1 hour using the “Keep Warm” function on the Instant Pot.
- I used Sweet Hawaiian Roll Sliders but any slider buns will work in this recipe.
- I do not recommend keeping any leftovers as the buns will get soggy if stored more than an hour.