Turn winter’s favorite beverage into a decadent dessert when you make this instant pot hot chocolate cheesecake! A rich, chocolate cookie crust sits at the bottom of a delicious chocolate and marshmallow swirl filling. Topped with even more marshmallowy goodness, for one amazing after-dinner delight.
If you take one look at my blog, you will find that cheesecake is among one of my favorite recipes of all time. I won’t hide it. You shouldn’t hide it. Unless you don’t like cheesecake, then hide it, because that’s just weird. Anyway, as I was saying, this instant pot hot chocolate marshmallow cheesecake is to die for. I mean, diving headfirst into a plate of this stuff, to die for.
How Do You Make Instant Pot Hot Chocolate Cheesecake from Scratch?
- Make the crust – Spray a springform pan with nonstick spray. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the crust and mix until a sand-like texture forms. Press into the pan and place it in the freezer.
- Make the chocolate filling – Beat together cream cheese, milk, and sugar until fluffy. Mix in the eggs one at a time. Add in the vanilla and flour. Mix. Melt together the espresso powder and chocolate chips using the microwave. Cool and add to the cream cheese mixture. Mix and pour into the prepared crust.
- Make the marshmallow swirl filling – Beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Mix in the fluff, then mix in the 1 tablespoon milk and vanilla. Mix in one egg at a time. Mix in flour. Place dollops of the mixture on the chocolate mixture and swirl with a butter knife.
- Cook – Place water in the instant pot and lower the cheesecake onto the trivet after covering it with tin foil. Cook for 55 minutes, let sit for 10 minutes, then remove manually.
- Cool – Cool on a wire rack then remove from the pan.
- Make the topping – Whip egg whites and salt into peaks. Add marshmallow cream and whip to firm peaks again. Spread over cheesecake then brown with a baker’s torch.
- Chill and serve – Allow to sit in the fridge until fully chilled. Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Recipe Variations
- Skip the topping – If desired, you can skip the last marshmallow topping. I think it brings the entire recipe together, but it’s not vital for the cheesecake to be delicious.
- Use a normal cheesecake crust – If you enjoy a traditional cheesecake crust, it’s still just as yummy if you decide to go that route.
- What do I use for the chocolate crumbs? – Sometimes, you can find already crumbled chocolate cookies where they sell other pie ingredients in the store. However, you can always grab up some Oreos, off-brand chocolate sandwich cookies, or even chocolate Teddy Grahams and use those for the crust.
- I don’t have a baker’s torch – That’s ok, just use the broiler to brown it. It will do a similar job. You can always skip browning it if preferred. It will still taste yummy!
What Are the Two Types of Cheesecake?
There are really only two ways to make cheesecake, if you’re talking about the classic versions like my Plain Cheesecake. Those two types are no-bake cheesecake and baked cheesecake. No-bake is beat with a hand mixer and then chilled in a classic cheesecake crust until firmed up. Baked cheesecake is, of course, baked, before being chilled. No-bake cheesecake is normally softer in nature than baked cheesecake.
What’s Better Baked or Unbaked Cheesecake?
In my personal opinion, I prefer baked cheesecake any day over no-bake, although both are delicious. However, this is a personal opinion. Each person will have different preferences based on taste, texture, etc. I know many people prefer baked cheesecake, but you’ll have to give both options a try and see for yourself which one you think is the best in your book.
- Fridge – Store in a sealed container, or covered, for up to 4 days.
- Freezer – Freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
- Reheating – Do not reheat as it will melt the cheesecake and change the texture. This recipe is meant to be served chilled, not warm.
More Delicious Desserts You’ll Enjoy…
- Instant Pot Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Gingerbread Cheesecake Cookie Cups
- Instant Pot Banana Split Cheesecake
- Lemon Blueberry Cream Cake
Instant Pot Hot Chocolate Cheesecake
- Instant Pot
- 1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate cookie crumbs Oreos or chocolate teddy grahams
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder optional
Marshmallow Swirl Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1/8 tsp salt
- To make the crust, lightly spray the sides and bottom of an 8-inch springform pan with a non-stick baking spray. Combine cookie crumbs, granulated sugar, and butter until it resembles the consistency of wet sand. Press mixture into the bottom and about ¾ inches up the sides of the pan. Place crust in the freezer while preparing the filling.
- To make the chocolate filling, on medium speed in an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, milk, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing until combined after each. Add in vanilla extract and flour and combine. Place the espresso powder and chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup and melt. Cool to room temperature. Pour into the filling mixture and combine on low speed until well-blended. Pour into your prepared pan.
- To make the marshmallow swirl filling, combine cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Mix in marshmallow fluff. Add in 1 tbsp milk and vanilla. Add in egg and mix just until combined. Mix in flour. Spoon marshmallow filling in dollops over the top of chocolate filling and swirl with a butter knife.
- Cover cheesecake with foil, sealing edges. Pour 1½ cups water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place cheesecake on the trivet and lower into the Instant Pot. Seal and set to 55 min. at high pressure. After the time is up, allow to remain in the Instant Pot for 10 minutes, then release manually and remove to a wire rack to cool completely. After cooled, remove from pan and place on a serving plate if using a baker's torch to toast meringue or on an oven-proof plate or pan if toasting in the oven.
- To make the topping, whip egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Add the marshmallow cream and continue beating at high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread over cheesecake and brown with a baker's torch or under the oven broiler. Chill completely in the refrigerator before serving. A knife dipped in hot water and dried will help you be able to slice it better.