This Caprese Pasta Salad is made with orecchiette, tomatoes, mozzarella, and a quick homemade dressing. A light meal that’s guaranteed to satisfy the entire family. Enjoy this as a side dish or main entree.
Whenever I want a quick easy meal I immediately go to my pantry and take out a box of pasta. It’s super easy to cook and very filling. The best part about it is how versatile it is to cook with it. You can serve it cold, hot, or room temperature. I enjoy this at room temperature or cold. Although, feel free to serve it warm.
I absolutely love the freshness the basil and tomatoes provide. As for the cheese, who doesn’t like cheese? Once you toss this all together you will get a delicious fresh pasta salad. This is a great recipe for potlucks, barbecues, and picnics. Nothing better than a plate of this with a frozen cranberry margarita.
What’s In This Caprese Pasta Salad?
- Pasta – Use any kind you prefer.
- Mozzarella Cheese – I used bocconcini but you may use fresh mozzarella slices cut into small pieces.
- Fresh Basil
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Italian Seasoning
- Red Crushed Pepper (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- If you’re not a fan of fresh basil feel free to use parsley or any fresh herbs you have on hand.
- Throw in some onions, olives, and fresh grated garlic.
- Use tri-color pasta to make it more colorful.
- Add shrimp or chicken.
More Delicious Recipes…
Caprese Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces orecchiette pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella bocconcini
- 1 cup tomatoes halved grape or cherry
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp red crushed pepper optional
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to packaging instructions and let it cool.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, red crushed pepper, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Add the olive oil mixture to the cooled pasta along with the tomatoes, mozzarella, and fresh basil. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed and enjoy.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente.
- Make sure you let the pasta cool before adding the dressing.
Leave a Reply